Thursday, May 1, 2008

the kindness of others...

So it is official... Aikos, my favorite Japanese paper store, has closed it doors for good.   I kept going back to Aikos time and time again because of the wonderful staff and their outstanding service, not to mention their fabulous papers, materials and books.... "handmade Japanese paper and gift items to inspire and delight".  I know that the decision to close their doors  after 50 years of service was very difficult but they have their reasons... even so it is also hard to say good-bye.  They really had something special, something you just can't find in those big chain stores that have it all.  

Well... yesterday I came home to find a large package on my porch. I saw that the package was from Chuck Izui at Aikos... a gift! Inside, neatly and carefully wrapped as one would expect nothing less from Aikos, was a treasure.  I about cried. Paper, paper and more paper! Lovely Momi papers, vibrant Dyed papers, and heavy Chiri papers and and invoice marked "PAID... a gift from Aikos".  I was speechless.  A very generous gift indeed that I was so not expecting. I humbly thank you Chuck and everyone at Aikos for your years of service and dedication... you will be greatly missed.

3 comments:

Rosie's Whimsy said...

What a wonderful gift. You must have been cherished customer and friend! :-) Rosie

Anonymous said...

How thoughtful of Aikos! I'm sure you will make some marvelous treasures from them.

Free Art Printables said...

What a grea thting, but it's so hard whn you lose such a great resource!! N told me he saw the boys the other day and they were so cute.. now that summer is here, we are going to ahve to get together! Jen