Tuesday, May 20, 2008

more on the convergence project

I just finished the second round of the Convergence project.  3 artists work on each piece... I am the second contributer for this piece.  Pam Paulsrud provided a wonderful base to work from. I did some shading with a yellow color pencil,  sewed on some buttons and an antique key and added squares cut from old text books.  The squares of random text were dyed with distressed ink (tea dye).  Keeping with Pam's alphabet theme I punched holes in the squares that correspond to letters in the braille alphabet that spell out the names of the three artists who contributed to this piece (Pam, Carla, Rae(me).  I am now sending it off to Carla and like the others it will end up at Vespine Gallery in Chicago.  I have now participated in round 1(first artist), and round 2(second artist)... round 3 should arrive next week and then I will add my finishing touches and send it back to the Gallery.  I assume that in the end, like me, all the artists participating will contribute to 3 of the 10 convergence project pieces.  I can't wait to see the final pieces.




the dots punched in the squares of paper above spell out my name (rae) in braille

3 comments:

Free Art Printables said...

This is very cool.

Katie said...

this sounds really cool!

Joyce said...

I love the idea of the convergence projects! Both are beautiful!!