Monday, April 7, 2008

and so it has begun...

I NEED to get my studio space organized! I am torn between spending what precious little work time I have on making stuff or organizing the space. However, I am finding my work table is becoming incredibly cluttered so making time to organize is a MUST (don't worry I am still getting my commission done and a few small projects for ETSY but I am holding off on starting any new projects this very minute).

I know that I will only have a small window of opportunity when the boys are otherwise occupied and my husband is willing to help me move all this stuff. He does not have the patience for me to move one thing and look at it for awhile, then move it again and again...nope... it is a one time shot so I have to get it right the first time! So I am working out my lay out.
I cut out small pieces of paper to represent all big stuff that needs a new home. I feel so powerful being able to move around my 1700 pound board shear with just the tip of my finger... when I know in actuality my husband would kill me if I even suggested moving it again... on second thought perhaps I should just plan to leave it where it is and make everything else work around it. Anyway... it is a start.



I dragged the family to IKEA this weekend. I got these pants hangers that will become paper hangers. Thank from "C" at Washi Wholesale for that great idea. I just need to hang the rod from the ceiling and then I can put my paper up. That will free up an extra table for more work space and it will be a much better storage system for my paper...not to mention hundreds of $$$ cheaper than buying a flat file storage system.


I got this little rack shelf too and as you can see it is already filled with usable paper scrap, felt and for now my buttons and bobble trays are living on the top. This too will have a new home too. I think I might end up needing another one of these tray towers???? hmmmmm???? I have totes full of stuff that I need to go through and determine what I can use, what I can toss and what can be stored away.

happy Monday!

3 comments:

Rosie's Whimsy said...

It does feel so good to get organized. I like my project elements visible.....ready to inspire. I am always excited to see the next Rae original! ((hugs)) Rosie

rae said...

thanx rosie! I too like to have everything visible and within easy reach. wish me luck... I am going to need it...LOL

Free Art Printables said...

Rae, I love that idea for hanging paper. I am going to do that for my scrapbook paper..thanks!
Jen