Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Tip of the day...

I have been busy playing with my new papers... and while not paying attention to what I was doing I sliced my finger on the blade of my cut-trimmer.  OUCH!  Perhaps worthy of a few stitches but at least I didn't lop the thing off so of course I just wrapped it up tight and continued working... I only had 30 more minutes before Sam got off the bus, Sean woke from his nap and Andrew was on borrowed time so I just did what any mom on the go would do.   I will spare you the gory details, but for those of you who know me know that this is not the first time I have done this and most likely will not be the last.  However, that brings me to my tip of the day... 

Your own saliva is a solvent for your own blood.

Gross you say, but oh so true.  So if you are ever sewing signatures of a book and poke yourself with your needle or get a paper cut while covering a box or slice your finger with your scalpel and accidently get blood on the paper(s) or cloth(s) that you are working with... just use a little of your own spit to remove the blood.  Sort of like Shout It Out for grass stains... your own saliva can get your blood out.  However, One should take care when wielding sharp implements young grasshopper!

Just in case you are worried... I did not bleed or spit on any of my current projects... rest assured.  

2 comments:

Rosie's Whimsy said...

Oh dear.....make sure it doesn't get infected!

((hugs)) Rosie

rae said...

thanx Rosie... sadly I do this sort of thing quite often and I have 3 boys... so we have lots of band aids and triple antibiotic ointment...always! :)
rae