Friday, March 21, 2008

World Down syndrome Day!




March 21st is World Down syndrome Day and in celebration of this day I thought I would share the montage that I made for my son Sam. The significance of 3/21 is that people with Down syndrome , also called Trisomy 21, are blessed with three 21st chromosomes while the rest of us have only 2. Not only was Sam born with a little something extra (and extra chromosome that is), but he was also born 13 weeks premature and had several other medical issues requiring many, many surgeries... however I am happy to say that now, more than anything else,  he is just a naughty little boy.  We are trilled with his naughy-ness and are excited to see what he will teach us next.  So in honor of my chromosomally enhanced son I thought I would share his amazing journey and I hope you will agree that too much of a good thing is... wonderful.  

View this montage created at One True Media

4 comments:

Rosie's Whimsy said...

What a sweet family you have. Dear Samuel went through alot.....but what a happy young man he seems now.....Bless you and your family.

((hugs)) Rosie

Anonymous said...

I am the parent of a beautiful 3 year old daughter who has Ds. Your slide show was absolutely wonderful and brought tears to my eyes. You are so blessed with your miracle. Thanks so much for sharing.

EMA

Anonymous said...

Your family is amazing. Thanks for sharing such a heartfelt story of your adorable little boy. I'm the mother of 3 girls and 1 boy and would love to show them your slideshow. It shows strength, courage, hope and love.

Thanks from Downers Grove, IL

rae said...

Thanx Downers Grove... I am so happy that you liked Sam's montage... he truly is a toucher of hearts. BTW we are in IL too (near Six Flags)... small world.